GlobeIn is a Fair Trade and handmade subscription box start-up with a big vision to disrupt global poverty. We are a social business fighting poverty through job creation and fair trade. Through our subscription box and online shop, we curate crafted, distinct goods and educate customers about how and where our artisans created them.
Funded and advised by Deepak Chopra (influencer and writer), Doug Maine (former CFO of IBM), David Gorodyansky (founder & CEO of AnchorFree), Dawn Lepore (Board of Directors of AOL, formerly Board of eBay), Jason Brown (former VP at Zynga and eBay), GlobeIn has raised $2.8M in their Series A round. GlobeIn is based in San Francisco.
The Fulfillment Manager works between the Operations and Customer Service Departments as well as stays in close communication with our 3PL warehouse team. You will also work closely with our engineering and marketing groups to optimize the entire supply chain and make sure we deliver the best customer experience possible end-to-end.
• You will be in charge of overseeing our current 3PLs and overall management of inventory.
• Ensure high sales volume through online e-commerce merchandizing plans and category analysis.
• Formulate, implement, and automate systems to continually improve customer experience.
• Work closely with the Marketing Department to schedule the release and promotion of online collections and sales.
• Work closely with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure efficient receipt of product at fulfillment center.
• Monitoring our 3PLs KPIs around inventory control, order picking accuracy, cycle count accuracy, and metrics around fulfillment and delivery.
• Managing the evaluation, selection, and the cost negations of potential suppliers, carriers and vendors as needed, both domestically and internationally.
• Track open system-related issues and coordinate with our Tech Team to improve backend integration.
• Continuously responsible for identifying and executing on cost-savings opportunities as well as efficiency improvements.
• Work closely with our Customer Support Team to troubleshoot issues on the operational backend. You will be responsible for correcting systematic fulfillment errors as well as proactively implementing preventative measures.
• Interest in merchandizing, e-commerce curation, supply chain, and inventory management.
• Meticulous and data-driven personality looking to solve problems with creativity.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and comfortable learning new software platforms.
• High attention-to-detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Adaptability to work across departments with a positive attitude.
• Interest and passion for social entrepreneurship and/or handmade goods.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Completion of undergraduate Bachelor's Degree program required. Entry-level position. Previous Supply Chain/Fulfillment or Inventory Management experience preferred.
• Experience managing domestic 3PLs and the B2C fulfillment processes preferred.
• Advanced research skills and fast learner.
• Knowledge of SQL or other database tools.
• Merchandising and Inventory Analysis experience is a plus.
• Experience working in a social business, nonprofit, or e-commerce fields.
This is a full-time position. Flexible work hours and opportunity to work-remotely.
Please email us with your resume, cover letter, and a brief intro about yourself and why you are interested in the position.