GlobeIn is an ethically sourced home goods retail brand with a big vision to disrupt global poverty. We are a social business fighting poverty through job creation and fair trade. Through our subscription box and online shop, we curate crafted, distinct goods and educate customers about how and where our artisans created them.
Funded and advised by Deepak Chopra (influencer and writer), Doug Maine (former CFO of IBM), David Gorodyansky (founder & CEO of AnchorFree), Dawn Lepore (Board of Directors of AOL, formerly Board of eBay), Jason Brown (former VP at Zynga and eBay), GlobeIn has raised $2.8M in their Series A round. GlobeIn is based in San Francisco.
Basic Purpose of Job:
As Fulfillment Manager, you will be in the key position interfacing between our 3PL partner at Fairburn, GA (working out of their office at least part of the time) and our internal teams - Product Operations, and Customer Success. You will be responsible for overseeing the fulfillment operations from GlobeIn's perspective, helping communicate our priorities to the 3PL, analyzing bottlenecks, optimizing costs, and helping bridge any communication barriers.
- Oversee and critically analyze our fulfillment operations looking for inefficiencies and opportunities to improve.
- Clearly communicate GlobeIn business priorities to our fulfillment partner and make sure these priorities are followed through.
- Be our eyes-on-the-ground at the warehouse, helping identify inventory, providing feedback to the team about ways we can improve our business processes with fulfillment in mind (ex. should suppliers improve labeling of their shipments, should we provide better instructions for kitting, should we try to move certain inventory to clear up space at the warehouse that's used inefficiently).
- Continuously analyze our fulfillment costs and drive improvement through better packaging, more efficient processes, and closer communications with the 3PL partner.
- Drive improvement with fulfillment center on receiving and shipping timelines which may include coordinating with various freight companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of experience in supply chain management, warehouse operations.
- Display superior interpersonal skills for effective communication with peers.
- Great analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel or equivalent.
- Background in engineering, research, and/or some basic SQL knowledge is a big plus.
- Modest travel (5-10% possible) depending on events, some international.
- Merchandising and Inventory Analysis experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a social business, nonprofit, or e-commerce field.
- Experience managing domestic 3PLs and the B2C fulfillment processes preferred.
- Advanced research skills and fast learner.
This is a full-time position.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and a brief intro about yourself and why you are interested in the position.