GlobeIn is a Fair Trade and handmade subscription box start-up with a big vision to disrupt global poverty. We are a social business fighting poverty through job creation and fair trade. Through our subscription box and online shop, we curate crafted, distinct goods and educate customers about how and where our artisans created them.
Funded and advised by Deepak Chopra (influencer and writer), Doug Maine (former CFO of IBM), David Gorodyansky (founder & CEO of AnchorFree), Dawn Lepore (Board of Directors of AOL, formerly Board of eBay), Jason Brown (former VP at Zynga and eBay), GlobeIn has raised $2.8M in their Series A round. GlobeIn is based in San Francisco.
Basic Purpose of Job:
As Senior Manager in Operations you will have the overall responsibility for updating and optimizing multiple supply chain processes which includes packaging, fulfillment, and inbound processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-3 years experience in supply chain management.
- Ability to do essential job duties.
- Ability to read, understand, speak and follow English instructions.
- Display superior interpersonal skills for effective communication with peers.
- Modest travel (5-10% possible) depending on events, some international.
- US Citizen or work visa.
- Merchandising and Inventory Analysis experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a social business, nonprofit, or e-commerce fields.
- Experience managing domestic 3PLs and the B2C fulfillment processes preferred.
- Advanced research skills and fast learner.
Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable. The following are the essential functions of the job.
- Work with a wide network of suppliers from 170 countries to ensure correct packaging at origin with target completion of March 2020. This includes but is not limited to tasks such as:
- Establishment of UPC codes.
- Monitor quality metrics such as quantity, configurations, and damages.
- Manage contracts and/or purchase orders.
- Drive improvement with fulfillment centers on receiving and shipping timelines which may include coordinating with various freight companies.
- Complete analysis to determine ideal fulfillment center locations and coordinate move of supply chain network.
- Optimize packaging for outbound domestic shipping rates (unit economics) and branding. This includes but is not limited to tasks such as:
- Negotiate contracts.
- Lead cost saving initiatives.
- Publishing branding guidelines.
- Provide direction to suppliers on branding guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external partners to drive implementation of projects and continuous improvement of processes.
This is a full-time position. Flexible work hours and opportunity to work-remotely.
Please email us with your resume, cover letter, and a brief intro about yourself and why you are interested in the position.